Challenge Rules

Monday, January 6, 2014

Challenge #25: For The Boys


FOR THE BOYS

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Years break.  Glad you're back to play with us!  Did Santa bring you an electronic cutter and you're here for the first time?  Welcome!  It's easy to play along...just follow the theme and create something using an SVG (or similar) file.
 If we receive at least 10 entries, the prize for this challenge will be a $5 Gift Certificate for SVG files from the Creative Pointe's ON LINE STORE.
You'll find over 150 SVG files/sets available for all your paper crafting projects.
If we have less than 10 entries, the winner will receive this SVG set  DAD Wrench.  Winner will be randomly chosen from all submissions.

One extra special entry will receive the "Creative Choice" button.

Ready for some inspiration? Let's take a look at what the Design Team created using SVG diecuts.
Carolyn created this card using files from the Off Road Set and the Silhouette online store.  Check out her blog for details and instructions:  Granny Ma's Creative Blog

Cindy created this card for her nephew's sixth birthday using the Race Car with Numbers file.  She says:  "A perfect file for little guys.  I loved using the bold colors on this card."  For all the details, check out her blog:  
The Creative Pointe


Heather's first DT project is this masculine big tag created using the Car Set.  Check out her blog for details:  My Artistic Adventures

Ruth created another great layout using the Computer Card file.  She says:  "I don't know about you, but the boys in my life are super charming and deserving of being celebrated. That being said, my son is actually a bit challenging to scrap often because he just doesn't do a lot of things that normally call for a lot of pictures! I was so happy that The Creative Pointe had the Computer Card cutting file so that I could create my layout about one of my son's favorite pastimes which involves the computer. I hope you enjoy my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it and I hope you join in the challenge For the Boys!"  Check out Ruth's blog:  Paper and Musings

 
Octavia used the Football Set to create these two super pages.  She says:  "Using the cuts from the Football Set I created this scrapbook page!  I cut the helmet twice to make the layers and cut the silhouettes for accents to the title and the football was a "must have". Perfect set to show off this past football season."  See more at Octavia's blog:  T's Corner For Scrappin'

Carmen put together this sweet frame using elements from the Saddle Up Set.  For the design details, please visit her blog:  Carmen's Creations

Shelissa came up with some gridiron favors using the Football Set.  She says:  "For this challenge I was thinking about a project that can be made really quickly if you don't have a lot of time. I cut out the football using my pazzles inspiration and attached it to a straw and a pencil. This cutout can be placed on many items this is a good start."  Shelissa blog:  Shelissa"s Craft Studio

Tina used the Patriotic Set to create a birthday card!  She says:  "Welcoming in 2014 with my first creative project-a birthday card for our son’s birthday in February. I used The Creative Pointe’s Patriotic Set for the stars on the card. No matter what size you make the stars they cut exceptionally well (now if I can get a handle on my Cameo for blade depth Smile ) I have a variety of the stars on the front and I brought a few in the inside of the card, you can see that at my blog. Happy 2014 to you all and enjoy the challenge."  Tina's blog:  Tina's Scrap Corner

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CHALLENGE:
Please make sure that you follow our very simple rules to enter this challenge.  
You MUST use a SVG or similiar electronic cutting file in your project.  CRICUT CARTRIDGE ONLY ENTRIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.  Please make sure that you mention somewhere in your post what part of your project was created with a cutting file.  Entries that do not fit this basic requirement will be deleted.

Please see "Challenge Rules" tab for more info...







7 comments:

  1. {giggle} you had to start the year with something I can't do - not a single male in my life, not even a dog or a cat {bwahahahaha}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzerd, are you aware of Operation Write Home? They can always use all sorts of nicely crafted cards either one for a Hero to send home or any AnyHero card that you create to thank them for serving. Something I've thought about when I am given projects that I don't think I can use.

      Delete
    2. Well, anything not overly "girly" could be For The Boys!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic projects, Design Team!! Lucky boys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed your submission...hopefully we'll see something wonderful again soon!

      Delete